Far outpacing its recovery following the 2008 recession, Nevada recovers every job lost during the pandemic and surpasses its all-time employment high.
Last week, Governor Sisolak announced Nevada officially surpassed its all-time employment high by 3,000 jobs. Far outpacing job growth in the years following the Great Recession, Nevada has now recovered every job lost during the pandemic thanks to private sector growth driven by economic diversification.
Nevada has the fastest employment growth in the nation and the unemployment rate has dropped every month for over two years. Private-sector employment surpassed its pre-pandemic high in May 2022 – two months before it happened on the national level.
Even with tremendous economic growth, Governor Sisolak knows Nevadans’ pocketbooks are feeling the rise in costs, which is why he is taking additional steps to lower the cost of living by keeping taxes low, making historic investments in affordable housing and child care, negotiating directly with pharmaceutical companies, allocating $5 million to make community college and other apprenticeship programs free for more Nevadans, and funding free lunch for all Nevada public school students in the 2022-23 school year.
Read & watch more about Nevada’s growing economy:
Las Vegas Review-Journal: Nevada breaks record, regains all jobs lost during pandemic
- Nevada set an all-time employment record in June, officially recovering all of the jobs lost during the COVID-19 pandemic, Gov. Steve Sisolak announced Friday.
- The state reached 1,452,600 jobs in June, 3,000 more than the previous record from February 2020, Sisolak said in a joint statement with the Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation. The U.S. as a whole is still down 500,000 jobs from its peak.
KVVU: Employment in Nevada reaches new all-time high with over 1.4M jobs, report says
- According to a news release from DETR and Gov. Sisolak’s office, not only has Nevada recovered all of the jobs lost during the COVID-19 pandemic, but the state has also reached a new all-time high of 1,452,600 jobs. The release states that this is 3,000 more jobs than the previous peak from February 2020.
- According to DETR, Nevada’s June 2022 economic report shows that over the month, the Silver State added 7,600 jobs and employment is up 90,400 since June 2021, an annual increase of 6.6%.
- The report indicates that Nevada is ahead of the United States’ total in recovering jobs. As of June, according to DETR, the United States is still short 500,000 jobs from its pre-recession peak.
KTVN: Report: Nevada adds 7,600 jobs in June, unemployment down to 4.7%
- Employment in Nevada continues its growing trend in June 2022, adding 7,600 jobs over the month. The education and health industry added 2,700 jobs, followed by professional and business services with 2,400 jobs.
- The unemployment rate in Nevada saw a decrease from 4.9 percent in May to 4.7 percent in June when seasonally adjusted. The non-seasonally adjusted unemployment rate saw an increase as well at 5.1 percent from 4.7 percent in May.
- Employment has fully recovered all the jobs lost in the pandemic and is now at a new all-time high of 1,452,600 (+3,000 over previous peak), up 90,400 since June 2021, an annual increase of 6.6%.
KRNV: Gov. Sisolak announces Nevada has recovered all jobs lost during COVID-19 pandemic
- Nevada has recovered all of the jobs lost during the COVID-19 pandemic and has reached a new all-time high of 1,452,600 to 3,000 more jobs than the previous peak from February 2020, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak and the Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation announced on Friday.
- “Nevada’s economy passed another benchmark this month, recovering all of the jobs that were lost during the COVID pandemic, and doing so in a way that has more Nevadans working in better-paying jobs than before the pandemic,” said Governor Steve Sisolak. “Nevada has never had more jobs than we do today, and we will keep working to keep Nevada moving forward.”
KRNV: “Governor Steve Sisolak announcing Nevada has now recovered all of the jobs lost during the Covid-19 pandemic…”
KLAS: DETR: Nevada recovers all jobs lost during the pandemic, sets employment record
- Employment in Nevada is at an all-time high. According to the Department of Training, Employment, and Rehabilitation, during June 2022, the state reached 1,452,600 jobs. That’s more than 3,000 over the previous peak.
- “This also reflects the growing diversification of the state’s economy, as the leisure and hospitality sector is still 30,000 jobs below the peak,” said David Schmidt, DETR chief economist. “The state’s employment recovery is due to the stronger employment gains in other industries, which often pay significantly higher average wages.”
KLAS: “Governor Sisolak calling those numbers…historic, and part of a vibrant, growing economy…”
KSNV: Sisolak: All jobs lost during pandemic have been recovered
- Nevada has recovered all of the jobs lost during the COVID-19 pandemic and has reached a new all-time high of 1,452,600 jobs – 3,000 more jobs than the previous peak from February 2020, Nevada Governor Steve Sisolak and the Nevada Department of Employment Training and Rehabilitation announced on Friday.
Associated Press: Nevada posts record employment numbers from June
- The state of Nevada posted record job numbers last month that show several key industries have risen above their pre-pandemic employment levels.
- The record of 1,452,600 jobs was 3,000 more than the previous peak in February 2020. Nevada added 7,600 jobs last month.
KOLO: “Nevada has recovered all the jobs lost during the Covid-19 pandemic…”
Univision: Gobernador Sisolak…[anunció] que el estado se ha recuperado todos los puestos de trabajos perdidos durante la pandemia…”