Las Vegas Review-Journal: “A new television advertisement debuting Thursday night during the Raiders versus Jacksonville Jaguars preseason opener highlights all the professional sports events that Sisolak has played a role in landing in Southern Nevada.”
ICYMI: The Sisolak Campaign released a new ad Thursday, highlighting the impact that professional sports have had on Nevada’s economy since Governor Sisolak took office. Thanks to his leadership, pro-sport teams have generated millions of visitors, more than 7,170 jobs, and nearly $3 billion in economic impact and new revenue statewide.
Las Vegas Review-Journal: Sisolak touts Las Vegas’ pro sports explosion in new TV ad:
- The ad features Sisolak listing the Raiders, Aces, Golden Knights and the Formula One as some of the major sports teams and events to land since he’s been in office, first as a Clark County commissioner and then as governor.
- Pro sports in Southern Nevada has generated $3 billion in economic impact and revenue. Aside from the economic impact, pro sports has led to the creation of 7,170 jobs.
- Aside from teams, major sports events also have become a regular occurrence in Las Vegas, with many more to come.
- Clark County Commissioner and Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority board member Michael Naft said last week sporting events are now the No. 2 reason visitors are planning trips to Las Vegas. He expects sports to soon become the top reason people come to Southern Nevada for a getaway.
- That highlights what Sisolak noted about pro sports in the Las Vegas Valley at the end of his campaign ad, “We’re just getting started.”