Steve was raised in a blue-collar family and worked to put himself through college before starting his own small business. He knows what it’s like to work hard and build a better life for your family and he’s committed to making it easier for every Nevadan to do the same.
That’s why, since taking office, Steve has worked tirelessly to diversify our economy, create new jobs, and build an economy that works for every Nevadan. Thanks to his leadership, Nevada is experiencing one of the fastest recoveries in the country following COVID-19: our economy has been ranked best in the nation for two quarters in a row, Nevada’s employment growth is fastest in the nation, our unemployment rate has dropped each month since May 2020, tourism is up and – more importantly – wages are, too.
Thanks to Steve, our state is positioned to come back stronger than ever.
Steve’s philosophy on growing our economy is simple: keep Nevada a low-tax state, build a world-class workforce, support small businesses and tourism while expanding other industries, and ensure Nevada stays welcoming and inclusive to recruit new families and businesses to our state.
In a second term, Steve will follow through on these goals by:
- Not raising a penny in new taxes on everyday Nevadans. The same promise he made and kept in his first term.
- Investing in education and making community college and other workforce training programs free for more Nevadans by 2025.
- Cutting bureaucratic red tape to help businesses get off the ground faster.
- Investing in small businesses, making Nevada the breeding ground for innovative start-ups, and providing early support for our entrepreneurs who want to put down roots in our home state.
- Only signing policies that keep Nevada welcoming, inclusive, and open for business.
New businesses and families help our economy grow, but Steve is also committed to protecting the well-being of Nevadans who’ve called the Silver State home for generations. That’s why he followed through on his promise to not raise taxes on everyday Nevadans, increased the minimum wage, and lowered health care, child care, and housing costs for families in every corner of our state.
Steve is laser-focused on building an economy that works for every Nevadan, not just those at the top. In a second term, he’ll build on our progress, lower costs, and keep taxes low to help every family achieve the American Dream.