In a campaign stop with fellow anti-abortion Republican, Virginia Governor Glenn Youngkin, Joe Lombardo claimed he would protect Nevadans’ abortion rights after spending his entire campaign promoting an anti-choice agenda.
Glenn Youngkin used a similar playbook in 2021 and was caught admitting that he purposefully avoided talking about abortion stances in front of voters, even though he planned to “go on offense” on abortion if elected.
Here’s a reminder of why Nevadans can’t trust Joe Lombardo to protect their rights:
- Joe Lombardo has promised he will be an anti-choice governor.
- During the Republican primary, he repeatedly promoted an extreme anti-abortion agenda, including banning contraceptives like the Plan B pill and implementing mandatory waiting periods.
- Joe Lombardo has said twice that he supports overturning Nevada’s existing protections and implementing an even stricter ban than what was proposed at the federal level.
- Lombardo celebrated the reversal of Roe v. Wade and is endorsed by National Right to Life, an extremist group that wants to ban all abortion with no exceptions for rape and incest.
- Lombardo has funded and directed taxpayer resources to dangerous crisis pregnancy centers through his campaign and in his official capacity.
Now running in the general election and faced with Nevadans’ overwhelming support for abortion rights, Lombardo is trying to hide from voters and appear more moderate. In response, Sisolak for Governor spokesperson Natalie Gould released the following statement:
“Joe Lombardo is lying.”