Governor Sisolak: “There are two candidates in this race, but only one is on your side. As long as I’m your governor, I’ll stand up for you.”
On the final day of early voting in Nevada, Governor Sisolak is making his closing argument to voters, highlighting ways he is lowering costs and committing to continue fighting and delivering for hardworking families.
Reno Gazette-Journal (Opinion): Standing up for Nevadans
November 2, 2022
- Raising two daughters as a single dad will always be what I’m most proud of. It was tough — but nothing has been more rewarding. I feel the same way about serving as your governor. Despite the challenges over the last four years, I’ve always tried to do right by Nevadans and I’m proud of the progress we’ve made.
- I’ve governed by that principle since Day One, which is why I’ve prioritized investing in education, creating good-paying jobs, and lowering costs for hardworking families.
- While I’m proud of our economic recovery, I know prices are too high right now and our families are being pinched. Governors can’t force companies to cut prices, but I’m working to lower costs in every way that I can.
- No matter what challenge we faced, I always stood up for Nevadans. My opponent, on the other hand, supports dangerous policies that would hurt families.
- There are two candidates in this race, but only one is on your side. As long as I’m your governor, I’ll stand up for you.
Read the full column here.